Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM)
In Dec. 2017, EUSD established a committee of educators to advise on STEAM education. The purpose of the “STEAM Team” is summarized as follows:
- Provide an advisory platform in which STEAM educational topics may be discussed and analyzed by EUSD educators
- Explore, and when necessary, design and create new STEAM educational opportunities for students attending EUSD consistent with the district’s mission and vision
- Support EUSD educators as they integrate Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) in grades K-8
- Increase the quantity of STEAM educational activities occurring on a regular basis within EUSD
- Ensure every student attending EUSD has equitable access to high quality STEAM educational opportunities
The EUSD STEAM Team is composed of both administrators and teachers from each of the individual school sites within EUSD. The team is chaired by a designated representative from the Educational Services Department of the EUSD District Office.
Currently, the STEAM Team is focussed on supporting rollout of Next Generation Science Standards across the district.
More information about Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) can be found at https://www.nextgenscience.org/.
More information about the California Science Framework can be found at https://www.cde.ca.gov/ci/sc/cf/cascienceframework2016.asp.