RISE Learning Center
We know that the current global health crisis has been trying for all of our community and the current plan to provide our educational program through distance learning may create child care needs for our Eastside Families. We will be partnering with RISE Education to provide no cost child care through Learning Centers set up on each of the elementary school campuses.
- Program start date: August 10, 2020
- Grade levels: Kindergarten through grade 8
- Hours of operation: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack will be provided.
- Class sizes will be limited to 12 students. Programs will be operated following strict guidelines for physical distancing and masks will be required for all students and staff. Facilities will be cleaned and sanitized per Los Angeles County Department of Public Health recommendations.
- Students in the classrooms will be supported as they access their required instructional program and will be provided additional enrichment during the after school hours.
- Priority will be given to children whose parents are essential workers. On the registration form you will need to indicate in which essential category you are employed (law enforcement, health, food services, public transportation, utility company, etc.) and bring an ID badge or other form of identification.
- Students who enroll are expected to attend 5 days a week.
You may register online http://www.riseafterschool.com/eusdscc.
Registration packets will also be available during meal service the week of July 27, 2020.